The Big Picture
*Over 30 million Americans suffer from dry eye symptoms. Unfortunately, in most cases, dry eye is undiagnosed because the symptoms are misunderstood. Dry eye disease occurs when your eyes do not produce enough tears or produce poor quality tears. It is a multi-factorial disease and is caused by aging, potential side effect of medications, hormonal changes, and even poor diet. We use a battery of laboratory and diagnostic tests to identify the underlying cause of your dry eye and will develop a customized treatment plan to get you on your way to feeling better! Symptoms of dry eye may include the following: redness, burning, itching, fluctuating vision, light sensitivity, watery eyes, a feeling of sand in the eye, tired eyes, and many more! Allow us to treat your dry eye today!
Dry Eye Testing:
-TearLab's Tear Osmolarity Testing
- This test collects a small sample of tears from each eye to determine the osmolarity of your tears. If you have a high osmolarity reading, it indicates that your tears are especially “salty” and the tear film is likely unstable.
- The dry eye treatment we devise will aim to reduce the osmolarity of your tears.
- What is your osmolarity score? Find out today!
- InflammaDry detects the MMP-9 protein, which is an inflammatory marker and often elevated in those with dry eye disease.
- A microscopic sample from each lower lid is collected, and a result can be read in just 10 minutes!
- This information will allow us to further cater the dry eye treatment plan to your specific condition.
-OmegaQuant- Laboratory Testing
Your Omega-3 index can now be determined from a single drop of blood! Why should you measure your Omega-3 index? Here's why (according to omegaquant.com):
Omega-3s are important for heart, brain, and joint health.
- Most Americans have low levels of omega-3s in their blood.
- Lower levels of omega-3s are related to increased risk for fatal heart attack, depression, and even dementia.
- Blood levels of omega-3s can be improved thru diet.
- The only way to know your level of omega-3s is to measure it. Allow us to measure it today to determine your need for Dry Eye Omega Benefit!
-Sjogren's Syndrome- Laboratory Testing
- Sjogren's Syndrome is an autoimmune disorder that manifests with dry eyes, dry mouth, and some form of inflammatory arthritis- like rheumatoid arthritis. We now offer the Sjo laboratory test to detect if a patient is positive for Sjogren's Syndrome. By knowing if a patient is positive for Sjogren's Syndrome, we can more adequately devise a dry eye treatment plan and potentially refer to a rheumatologist for additional systemic treatment.
Dry Eye Treatment:
- Blepharitis is a chronic, inflammatory condition of the eyelids.
- The BlpehEx in-office procedure utilizes a patented instrument to precisely apply a medical grade micro-sponge along the eyelid margins and lashes to effectively remove scurf and bacterial debris, the main cause of inflammatory lid disease.
- With this eyelid exfoliation and cleaning procedure, the overall health of the eyelids will be significantly improved. This procedure is normally well tolerated and will only take a few minutes to complete.
- Prokera is a therapeutic device applied to the eye in order to protect, repair, and heal a damaged ocular surface. It expedites the healing process and reduces patient discomfort.
- This device is made with amniotic membrane tissue. The tissue utilized in the Prokera lens has been donated by consenting mothers after C-section births. The donors are fully informed, have healthy lifestyles, and are carefully tested for infectious diseases prior to the donation process.
- A Prokera lens may be used for severe medical burns, dry eye disease, and many other ocular surface irregularities.
-Dry Eye Omega Benefit
- The American diet is severely lacking in omega 3, which is necessary as an anti-inflammatory agent and your overall health.
- We offer a unique fish oil product- PRN Dry Eye Omega Benefit. Is is custom formulated based on years of clinical research. We also offer a liquid alternative for those that prefer.
- This product offers superior purity and concentration of EPA:DHA.
- This product is produced in the triglyceride form, which allows up to THREE TIMES better absorption by your body than other fish oil products commonly found at the store. Also, this product is less likely to cause "fish burps" because of its advanced purification process.
- The fish oil product is packaged in a two-month supply. Discounts are available on bulk purchases.
- Stop in to purchase your supply today!